Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Question: What Do I Hope to Achieve as a WAHM?

What do I hope to achieve as a WAHM?

I would like to build my business, my clientele, and my reputation in my industry while simultaneously caring for my baby daughter and watching her grow. I love the flexibility I have being my own boss, working on my own projects, working my own schedule, and being able to pause work at a moment’s notice to take care of or play with my child. I want my daughter to grow up knowing that her mom was both a present mother and a working professional, and to know that she can be both if she chooses to be.

Current Challenge:

Getting work done when my baby is having a crying fit. When she’s overly tired or gassy, she’ll cry and there’s not much I can do about it except hold her and try to comfort her. Usually nursing her in my lap calms her down enough that she’ll quiet and maybe even sleep, but not during her worst moments. Sometimes it takes all my energy to calm her while I feel the pull to get work done but can’t. As much as I hate it, sometimes I just need to let her cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment